Thursday, July 21, 2016

Vintage hat worn to a Royal event

 I recently sold this hat to a woman in United Kingdom--

1950s black velvet toque hat



 A month later I received this correspondence from her-- 

 


Hi Cindy

I have been meaning to let you know that the hat was a great success! I had an event here in Edinburgh that is very formal in a cathedral with all the senior members of our royal family (the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince William etc) taking part in the service. The hat got a lot of compliments! Personally, I don't think you can beat vintage - they really knew what they were doing. Thank you and I will definitely use you again in the future- I just wish there was more call for such hats in every day life!!
Kind regards


Gosh, I don't think any of the hats from The Vintage Hat Shop have ever been worn before royalty before!


No comments:

Post a Comment