Friday, August 26, 2011

Civil War Era Shaving Mirror

I try not to indulge in impulse buys, but every once in awhile something comes my way that is too unusual and unique to pass up. Such is the case with this shaving mirror. I was told it was used during the Civil War, probably by an officer. I am not an historian and have no way of dating the mirror. But what a great story!
Beveled edge, some flaking of the silver.                                                                                                                                                                                                        


The back has a loop attached, the middle finger went through the loop and was held while shaving

The back is made of tin, rivets are used to keep the loop in place.                                                                                                                                                                                                              


I couldn't get hubby to do a Civil War shave, but you get the idea.                                                                                                                                        


What do you think? Could this possibly be from the Civil War, 150 years ago?  Give me your opinion! I'll love it no matter what the timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment